More About TCBA
The members of TCBA have dedicated themselves to:
- Promoting the use of bicycles for healthful recreation and transportation
- Educating bicyclists as to their rights and responsibilities. • Promoting public awareness of bicyclists’ rights and responsibilities
- Organizing club rides and sponsoring invitational tours to introduce others to bicycling
- Providing instruction in bicycle safety, maintenance, and technique
- Supporting bicycling throughout Michigan
- Providing fellowship and communication among persons interested in bicycling
Membership in TCBA is open to anyone who is at least 12 years of age and interested in bicycling. Younger riders may participate as part of a family membership. We meet on
the last Thursday of each month to hear talks on bicycling, to discuss upcoming rides and events, and to handle other association affairs.
Members receive a monthly newsletter to keep them up-to- date on happenings within the club and information about riding opportunities outside of the mid-Michigan area. The club sponsors a regularly updated rideline (TUBES-00/517- 882-3700) announcing rides not listed in the club newsletter (www.biketcba.org). Members may also register to receive weekly emails of unlisted rides. Come join us in the friendship, fun, and health that are the essence of bicycling!
Benefits of Membership in TCBA:
- Receive our monthly newsletter, the Chainwheel Chatter, listing club rides, social events, updates on bicycle legislation, and available items for sale.
- Get to know others interested in bicycling while participating in organized rides departing throughout the tri-county area
- Enjoy healthful exercise and improve riding skills while discovering areas of mid-Michigan you may have missed
- Attend entertaining and informative monthly club meetings featuring tips on bicycle technique, training, and touring
- Serve the tri-county community by participating in the club’s Advocacy Program